There’s no denying that a pirate costume is the perfect 18th century costume with a dash of criminal ruthlessness and dandy flair. Loveable rogues like Jack Sparrow have made a buccaneer the go-to dressing up choice for many fans. Recent additions to the Pirates of the Caribbean franchise have even tempted rock royalty like the Rolling Stones’ Keith Richards and Paul McCartney from the Beatles and Wings.
For most of us today a pirate costume is a means of connecting with a sense of adventure – beyond the land and the law. Of course that adventure is only boosted my the prospect of immense wealth, whether pillaged from merchant ships or found buried on a remote island.
Pirate costumes also present ample opportunities both for buying a readymade Halloween costume and making your own DIY pirate costume for cheap so you can save a few doubloons.
Top Men’s Pirate Costumes To Buy Now
Pirates are lazy. Why spend your precious time attempting to craft an outfit when your booty can easily stretch to buying a reasonably priced costume that looks great right out of the box?
California Costumes Men’s Rogue Pirate Costume
- Classic minimalist design
- Generous plus size costumes available
- Beautifully accessorised with sash, shoes and belt – although you need to provide your own cutlass, wig and shoes.
Forum Designer Deluxe Pirate Captain Costume
- A more stylish pirate costume with elegant red coat
- Devilishly curved tricorn hat
- Comes with a zipped storage bag
Pirate Tricorne Hat
Wesley Roberts, Dread Pirate Costume
- Cotton Shirt w/front lacing
- Stretch twill pants w/elastic waist for comfort and ease
- Faux leather boot covers
- Made to order